1907 Eleven charter members of St. John’s Lutheran Church in Orange begin to organize a new congregation and school in Olive.
April, 1907 First church building purchased for $500
September 7, 1907 First sermon delivered by Pastor August Berner
September 7, 1908 St. Paul’s Christian Day School, first day of school
November 3, 1912 Ground-breaking for new sanctuary
1923 Congregation begins to have two Sunday worship services—one in German, one in English
April 17, 1932 Congregation celebrates its 25th anniversary. 600 in attendance.
1947 Congregation votes to close the school for lower grades due to low enrollment and inability to find a teacher
1952 Christian Day School reopens
1956 Relocation committee appointed to find a new site for the growing church and school
1957 5.5 acre site at Heim and Canal purchased for $33,000. Congregation moves from Olive to Orange.
1962 Present sanctuary constructed
1965 Property in Olive sold for $75,000
August 5, 1973 Pastor Ron Martin ordained and installed as Senior Pastor
1981 St. Paul’s Extended Day Care (now “School Age Care” or “SAC”) established to provide after-school care for children with working parents
1985 Heim Elementary school (two blocks west of the sanctuary) purchased from the Orange Unified School District for $1.8 million. School moves to Heim campus. Early Childhood Development Center (ECDC) opens in previous school facility.
1999 Six acres purchased across the street from the sanctuary for $4.9 million.
2000 First outdoor service held on Easter Sunday
2002 Congregation sells three acres of the Heim and Canal property
September 7, 2014 Pastor Scott Christenson installed as Senior Pastor